Saturday, February 14, 2009

Draper LDS Temple




We weren't sure how our Valentine week-end would be with the prediction of more snow. However, We ended up having a great time.

On Friday night, my sweetheart took me to the Stake Valentine Dance. Those who were in charge did a great job. Besides dancing, there was a movie to watch in one room and board games in another room. The decorations were festive. Red carnations with twigs in vases and battery operated candles around the vases. The chairs were plush comfortable upholstered chairs that looked like high heel shoes. I wished I would have had my camera with me. They were very cute. Other tall decorations adorned the room and the stage. The Davis High School Band played and a few of the members sang. Refreshments were tasty and we had a great time.

Saturday morning we woke up to 6 inches of snow on the ground and it was still snowing. We didn't know if were going to make the drive to the Draper LDS Temple open house or not, but everyone agreed to give it a try. We had been looking forward to this day for over a month. Floyd and I rode with Jenny & Leland and their children and Leland's parents and grandpa drove in their car. Because of little Carston they have a handicapped parking pass so we were able to park right in front of the Draper LDS Temple.

The Draper LDS temple was beautiful inside and out. The peace and spirit there is so wonderful. Jenny and Lee were very good at explaining and pointing out the importance of the rooms there to Jessica and Matthew. The Celestial room seemed heavenly, and the sealing room brought back many memories for me. Not only my own marriage, but my children's marriages as well as the day I was sealed to my parents and their marriage. The murals and paintings were beautiful also.

What started out as a snowy day ended with sunshine and lunch at Chuck Arama. Lesson: With faith and perserverance you can do anything, even in bad weather, just as the pioneers did.

1 comment:

  1. How fun...I had no idea there was a temple built in Draper! Now I do. Sounds like a fun valentines.

    ReplyDelete