Saturday, February 28, 2009

Recipes & Boxes



My most recent crafts have been recipe holders, cookie boxes, and containers for small loafs of bread as well as nugget boxes. The recipe in the recipe holder, is for cream wafer cookies. I got the recipe from my sister-in-law Rinda. They are really good.
The design and pattern for the cookie boxes came from the scor pal web site. They have lots and lots of free patterns that you can print out. The patterns are designed to be made using the scor pal tool. It is a fun tool and makes it easy to create lots of different boxes, purses, and other creative ideas. Their web site is www.scor-pal.com.
The apron and spatula on the recipe holder is a sizzix die cut. The bread holder, which holds a small mini loaf of bread is on the scor pal web site also.
I made all of my recipe holders and cookie boxes to use as decorations and gifts at my up coming Daughters of Utah Pioneer Jubilee which will take place in May. I am in charge of decorating the table and I like to plan ahead. Along with bright spring pink flowers and pioneer kitchen utinsels and cooking tools, I think our table will be quite festive.

1 comment:

  1. You've done it again! I just baked banana bread for Bryan to take to his home teaching families so I think I'll make up some cute boxes to put them in. Too cute!

    ReplyDelete