Saturday, April 18, 2009

Ancestors


While it was raining and snowing this past week, I worked on another craft. I bought a basic kit, when I was at the Scrapbook Expo in March, and added my own pictures to it. The kit included a wood frame, a magnetic board with the tree on it and some wood square and round buttons.
I picked out the pictures I wanted to use and downloaded them to the company web site, www.storiesbyme.com. Their free web site was fun. it sizes the pictures for you. They have many projects you can do. You just load your pictures on their site and they size them and send them back to you via e-mail within minutes and you can save them and then print them out when you are ready. I decopodged all of the pictures, distressed them and used liquid chalk to stain the edges and give them a more antique look. The round and square buttons have magnets on the back of them. I also wrote the name and date of each ancestor on the back of their picture. It was a fun project. I think I might make another one of Floyd's family. Check out their web site, and see all the projects they have.

No comments:

Post a Comment