Monday, January 19, 2009

Ogden Union Station




Today Floyd and I decided to have lunch at the Ogden Union Station. The first station was built in 1889. The second one, pictured, was built in 1923. It is a Spanish Colonial Revival style building, built where the first station once was. I remember going to this station with my parents as a young girl to see relatives either coming home or going some where on a train. I had several Uncles that were in the Navy and also an Aunt. I also had two uncles that worked for the railroad.
This historic building is now a Utah State Railroad Museum. Their are many exhibits to see. Their is a train shop, a model railroad exhibit, a restaurant, gift shops, a gallery, and a car museum. The food at the restaurant is wonderful and we enjoy looking around and reminiscing about the "good old days". I thought you might enjoy a couple of the pictures I took.
Every year during the holidays, there is a Christmas boutique at the station. Our daughter, Jenny has made and sold many fun craft items there.

No comments:

Post a Comment